The workshop with the theme `Preparing Practitioners for a Resilient Media in Eastern Africa` is intended to build the overall project team across partnership institutions namely the University of Rwanda, Uganda Christian University and the University of Kwazulu Natal in South Africa.
The second goal of the workshop is unravel the work packages of the project which include the following:
- Improving the quality of Media and Communication education in Uganda and Rwanda and introducing new programmes
- Enhancing the competence of academic staff
- Improving the gender balance and making the learning environments more inclusive
- Upgrading infrastructure and equipment
- Strengthen research collaboration